Tramex Skipper Plus Marine / Boat Moisture Meter - SMP
Click Here for Tramex Accessories
Standard Equipment Includes:
- 9V battery
- Zipper carrying pouch
A pocket size, non-destructive moisture meter designed to locate moisture in boat hulls and fittings, the SKIPPER non-destructive moisture meter provides a complete, safe method for detecting excess moisture in GRP and wooden boats. It has three ranges of operation making it suitable for use on wood and fiberglass, in fresh or salt water.
How it works:
- The Skipper moisture meter detects moisture in wood or GRP (Glass Reinforced Plastic) by measuring the resistance between two low frequency AC signals transmitted from the soft rubber electrodes on the base of the instrument.
- Because salt water is more conductive than fresh water, the Skipper is fitted with different ranges of sensitivity to allow testing of wood or GRP in either fresh or salt water environments. Simply select the correct scale:
- Scale 1: Moisture in wood in fresh water or GRP in saltwater
- Scale 2: Moisture in GRP in freshwater
- Scale 3: Moisture in wood in saltwater
- Deeper signal penetration up to an 1" into the materials being tested.
- Wider range of readings for wood of 5% to 30% and 0 to 100 comparative for all other materials.
- Larger clear easy to read display giving meaningful readings.
- Hold Function enables user to "freeze" the reading. Useful for taking readings when the meter face is not visible.
- Switch-able "On" or "Off" audio warning tone.
- Automatic Power Cutoff switches "Off" when not in use.
- Automatic Default to last user setting when switched back on.
- Measuring method: non-destructive signal resistance
- Measurement frequency: 5-25 KHZ depending on range used.
- Electrodes: co-planar conductive rubber.
- Dimensions: 150 x 80 x 30 mm (6 x 3.2 x 1.2 inches).
- Weight: 260 grams (9 ounces) including battery.
- Battery: 9 volts PP3 or equivalent.