**DG1000 Digital Gauge (Manometer) Sold Separately**
The Energy Conservatorys TrueFlow® Air Handler Flow Meter is designed to provide a simple and accurate measurement of air flow through residential air handlers. The air flow rate through residential air handlers is an important variable in estimating and optimizing the performance of heat pumps and air conditioners.
The TrueFlow Meter temporarily replaces the filter in a typical air handler system during the air flow measurement procedure. If the filter location is directly adjacent to the air handler, the TrueFlow Meter will measure the total air handler flow. If the filter is located remotely at a single central return, the TrueFlow Meter will measure the air flow through the central return.
Other widely used methods for estimating the air handler flow rate, (the temperature rise method, static pressure and fan curve method, and the Duct Blaster® isolated return method) have been found to be either problematic or timeconsuming to perform.
The TrueFlow Meter will fit in most standard size filter slots. The compatible filter sizes are:
Plate #1 - 14 x 20, 14 x 25, 16 x 20, 16 x 24, 16 x 25, 18 x 20.
Plate #2 - 20 x 20, 20 x 22, 20 x 24, 20 x 25, 20 x 30, 24 x 24.
- Easy and fast to use in the field. The TrueFlow Meter provides direct CFM readings in 2 to 3 minutes without extensive calculations or setup.
- Designed to measure flow through air handlers rated from 1 to 5 tons.
- Can be used in a wide range of return plenums and air handler fan configurations.
- Adjustable sizing to fit standard and custom filter slots.
- Proven to be more accurate than the single-point temperature rise method and easier than the fan curve method.