The Energy Conservatory DG-8 Digital Pressure Gauge - DG08-KIT-001
Introducing the TEC DG-8
The DG-8 Digital Pressure Gauge is a cost-effective and highly accurate single channel micro-manometer. Never before has TEC accuracy been more accessible for critical building pressure measurement applications.
TEC DG-8 Features
- Accurate Readings at 0.9%: Upholds your confidence of accurate results from TEC equipment
- Easy-to-read Color Display: Easily toggle measurements between in. H2O and Pascals
- Lithium-ion Battery: Equips you with a rechargeable power source on the job
- Texturized Durable Case: Ensures optimal grip in rugged environments and protects your gauge from accidental damage
- Powerful Mounting Magnets: Provides dependable and convenient mounting options
- Bluetooth® Communication: Connect to the TEC Gauge app on your Android or iOS device
Who is the target audience for the DG-8?
The DG-8 provides highly accurate single-channel pressure measurements and is designed to support professionals who use manometers and micro-manometers today. This includes weatherization professionals, energy raters, home performance contractors, HVAC technicians, radon mitigation professionals, hospital building facilities personnel and others.
Why did TEC create the DG-8?
TEC set out to create an easy-to-use single channel pressure gauge in a compact package with the same focus on accuracy and reliability found in the entire line of diagnostic products. The DG-8 is a convenient and cost-effective choice for making key building pressure measurements, including room pressures as a part of air balancing, zonal pressure diagnostics, CAZ depressurization and draft testing, radon sub-slab, external static pressure and many more. The competitive price point of the DG-8 makes TEC accuracy more accessible than ever before.
Which TEC apps and products are compatible with the DG-8?
The DG-8 can be used with the TEC Gauge app (Android and iOS) to quickly monitor and record your pressure measurements. It can also be used with the TEC Exhaust Fan Flow Meter and both sizes of the TEC Pressure Pan.
Number of Independent Pressure Channels
- Bluetooth Low Energy
- USB 2.0 over USB-C® connection
- 0.9% of pressure reading or 0.00048 in. H2O (0.12 Pa), whichever is greater
- 0.001 in. H2O 0.1 Pa for readings up to 999.9 Pa
- 1 Pa for readings over 1000 Pa
- -10 to +10 in. H2O (-2,500 to +2 ,500 Pa)
Units of Measure
- in. H2O
- 2-inch diagonal
- 320 x 240 pixels
- Backlit color TFT LCD
- Lithium-Ion Polymer Rechargeable Battery 2,000 mAh
- USB-C® charger/power adapter included
- Typically over 22 hours of continous use
- 30 minutes
- 4.84 x 2.39 x 1.02 inches (123 x 61 x 26 mm)
- 6.4 oz (182 g)
Recommended Calibration Interval
- 24 months
Operating Temperature Range (5)
- 32° F to 115° F (0° C to 45° C)
Storage Temperature Range (6)
- Less than one month: 15° F to 115° F (-10° C to 45° C)
- One month up to one year: 32° F to 77° F (0° C to 25° C
(3) Typical Conditions are a temperature range of 54° to 90° F, and a two year calibration interval.
(4) As Calibrated Accuracy is +/- (0.4% of reading + 0.045 Pa) under controlled conditions of 67° to 77° F, four month calibration interval, and pressure readings averaged for five seconds. All gauges are verified to meet this specification at all calibration pressures.
(5) For use at temperature conditions outside the typical conditions in Note 1, or the as-calibrated range in Note 2, add an additional 0.037% of pressure reading per degree F over the stated range.
(6) Storage limits are based on batteries. Storing outside these limits may require battery replacement.