Click Here for Protimeter Accessories
*We match all prices PLUS an extra 10% of the difference - just call!
Standard Equipment Includes:
- Carrying case
- BLD5079 moisture lead
- Cal-check tool
- Wood calibration chart
Deluxe Kit Upgrade Additionally Includes:
- 5" deep wall probes
The Protimeter Mini is a compact, general purpose pin type moisture meter used for assessing the moisture conditions in buildings.
The Protimeter Mini can be used for making rapid moisture assessments in a wide range of building materials including wood, masonry, drywall, plaster and concrete. The instrument measuring pins are small and sharp which means measurements can be taken at the surface with virtually no mark left behind.
The numerical values represent the actual percent moisture content of wood (%MC) and the wood moisture equivalent (WME) of other materials. The Protimeter Mini can be used to determine if the fabric of a building is in a dry, borderline or damp condition.
When taking readings in awkward positions, the Protimeter Mini can be used with the optional moisture probe and lead. The optional Protimeter Hammer Electrode can also be used with the Protimeter Mini for determining moisture gradients in wood.
Optional Deep Wall Probes can be used with Protimeter Mini to measure the moisture level at depth in a wall, irrespective of the surface condition. Deep Wall Probes are very useful accessories when investigating the cause of the moisture problems within buildings.
Features and Benefits
- Bright LED display for clarity
- Durable and rugged design
- Color coded moisture scale for simple classification of dry, borderline or damp conditions in materials
- Comfortable to hold and easy to use
- Auto shut off for increased battery life
Building Related Questions
What is the Wood Moisture Equivalent (WME) scale as used on Protimeter moisture meters?
- Protimeter moisture meters are calibrated for wood but are also suitable for measuring moisture levels in other materials. They are highly versatile tools for assessing the moisture condition of a wide range of non-conductive materials.
- In wood, the instruments measure the materials actual percent moisture content (%H2O). When testing material other than wood, the meters measure the wood moisture equivalent (WME) value of the material. WME is the moisture level that would be attained by a piece of wood in equilibrium with the material being tested. As the critical moisture levels for wood are known, WME measurements enable the moisture meter user to establish if materials are in a safe air dry, borderline or damp condition.
At what level of WME is a material in a wet or dry condition?
- <18% (Green Zone) - The material is in a Safe Dry condition, moisture related problems of decay/deterioration will not occur.
- 18% - 20% (Yellow Zone) - The material is in a Borderline condition, decay/deterioration may occur under certain conditions.
- > 20% (Red Zone) - The material is in a Wet condition, decay/deterioration is inevitable in time unless the moisture level of the material is reduced.
|Calibration Chart||150 commonly used species|
|Plug in||Extension pin probe (Included)|
|Calibration||Check device (Included)|
|Case||Pouch with belt loop (Included)|
|Warranty||24 months on mechanical or manufacturing defects. Does not include wearing part or accessories.|
Deep wall probes
|Range||6% to 90% numerical label|
|Display||60 LEDs_green (dry), yellow (at risk) and red (wet)|
|Power||9 V (Included)|