**DUCT-KIT-002 Does not include the DG-1000 or Digital Manometer.**
Includes the Gauge Board with clamp (DIGBDCL5) for the DG-1000. NOT the (DIGBDCL) Gauge Board with Clamp for the DG-700. For that one, see TECDUCTWOG
The development of the Minneapolis Duct Blaster® has revolutionized performance testing of forced air distribution systems for builders, HVAC contractors, and utility DSM programs. The Minneapolis Duct Blaster® is a calibrated air flow measurement system designed to test and document the airtightness of forced air duct systems in both houses and light commercial buildings. The Duct Blaster® fan is connected directly to the duct system in a house, typically at a central return, or at the air handler cabinet. With the remaining registers and grilles temporarily taped off, duct airtightness is measured by either pressurizing or depressurizing the duct system and precisely measuring the fan flow and duct pressure.
Duct airtightness measurements are used to diagnose and demonstrate leakage problems, estimate efficiency losses from duct leakage, and certify compliance with duct leakage standards such as California's Title 24 Building Energy Efficiency Standards.
- The lightweight Duct Blaster® fan weighs just 7 pounds, but delivers enough air flow (an amazing 1,500 CFM) to test the leakiest duct systems.
- Quick and accurate airtightness measurements from 10 - 1,500 CFM.
- Compatible for both pressurization and depressurization testing.
- New Cruise Control feature will automatically control the speed of the Duct Blaster® fan during testing.
- The Duct Blaster® can be easily used in new construction applications where a Blower Door can't be used (e.g. before sheet rock is installed).
- The Duct Blaster® can also be used as a powered capture hood to accurately measure air flows through the air handler fan, registers and grilles, and exhaust fans. The new FlowBlaster capture hood accessory will accurately measure supply, return and exhuast flows from 10 to 300 CFM.
- Padded nylon carrying case with shoulder strap.
Minneapolis Duct Blaster Kit Without Gauge includes:
- Duct Blaster Fan with Fan Speed Controller.
- Three flow rings (optional Ring 4)
- Twelve feet (3.7 m) of 10 in. (25 cm) diameter flex duct.
- Heavy Duty Carrying Case.
- Static pressure probe.
- Sample roll of DuctMask Temporary Register Seal.
- Manual and Duct Blaster Training Video.
- TECBLAST Software CD
- Maximum Flow: 1,500 CFM at free air (708 l/s, 2,548 m3/h).1,350 CFM at 50 Pa (637 l/s, 2,293 m3/h).720 CFM
- 340 l/s
- 1223 m3/h
- Maximum Flow at 50 with flex attached: 1,250 CFM at free air (590 l/s, 2,123 m3/h).
1,000 CFM at 50 Pa (472 l/s, 1,700 m3/h).
- Minimum Flow: 10 CFM (Ring 3) (5 l/s, 17 m3/h).
- Fan Dimensions: 10 in. (25 cm) inlet diameter, 7 in. (17.8 cm) length.
- Fan Weight: 7 lbs. (3.18 kg), 8.5 lbs. (3.86 kg) with 3 flow rings.
- Flow Accuracy: +/- 3% using DG-700.
- Power: 110V
- Warranty: 2 years (24 months) from The Energy Conservatory
- Calibration: Meets ASTM Standard E779-03, E1554-07, CGSB-149.10-M86, EN 3829, ATTMA Technical Standard 1, NFPA 2001 and ASHRAE 152.
Specifications subject to change without notice.
Duct Blaster® and TrueFlow are registered trademarks of The Energy Conservatory. Minneapolis Blower Door, FlowBlaster, Duct Mask and TECBLAST are trademarks of The Energy Conservatory.