Kestrel 5500 Weather Meter with LINK + Vane Mount
The Kestrel 5500 has these distinct monitoring functions over the other 5000 series:
Digital Compass Wind Direction Crosswind Headwind / Tailwind
Each Bluetooth Meter includes custom communication software designed to quickly and easily configure your data transmission frequency, download logged data, graph data and transfer data to other applications.
As with all 5000 series Kestrel meters, they have both a white backlight, which is great for even daytime use, and a night-vision preserving backlight. The red night vision (NV) backlight incorporates optical filter to reduce overall brightness and minimize blue and green spectrum light to preserve night vision. (Note: This backlight appears soft greyish pink, not "red", and is still in the visible spectrum, so is not compatible with night-vision equipment.) Basically, with the red backlight, your eyes don't need to adjust when looking from your meter to the horizon in night time use.
Here's a list of ballistic apps, if you know of others, let us know, and we'll find out if they work with the new Kestrel 5500 series using BTLE (Bluetooth Low Energy) LiNK. Keep in mind, you can use the meter with any and input data manually. The 5500 is the most popular due to the compass with crosswind functions.
Lex Talus: No Ventus 1 Downrange Systems: No Sniper Calculator: Unsure BulletFlight: No Strelok: Yes Ballistics AE: Yes Shooter: Unsure Applied Ballistics: No Mil.ballistics: No (DROP 3 only)
The advantage the Kestrel 5000 provides to scientists, athletes, firefighters, automotive technicians, and agricultural specialists is immeasurable. With Kestrel 5000 technology, you will not only know the current weather conditions, but be able to track changes in the environment and therefore make predictions as to what may happen next.
With the new 5000 series (any) technology, the need to calibrate the RH is highly unlikely. Kestrel will stand by the RH for 5 years, and will adjust it within that 5 years if needed. Kestrel will repair, recalibrate or replace any defective product within the warranty period. Defective includes measurements outside of our accuracy spec plus stated drift.
Kestrel LiNK for Windows & Mac
Simple communication to Windows and Mac computers is provided through the optional LiNK .USB Dongle or USB Data Transfer Cable. Download your data to view, analyze and archive. Enables firmware update of Kestrel 5 series meters.
Kestrel LiNK for iOS & Android (Android coming soon!)
Wirelessly connect with iOS and Android devices. When in range, view real-time measurements, receive on-screen alerts and download your data. Logged data can be viewed, analyzed, archived and shared via e-mail, Facebook and Twitter. Enables firmware update of Kestrel 5 series meters. NOTE: Range up to 100 line of sight reduced by walls and obstructions.
- Heading (true & magnetic)
- Wind direction
- Pressure trend
- Barometric pressure
- Wet bulb temperature
- Relative humidity in %
- Heat stress index
- Density altitude
- Wind chill
- Air, water, and snow temperature °F or °C
- Current, average, and maximum air velocity
- Waterproof (sealed to IP67 standards) and floats
- Time and date
- Easy- to-read backlit display
- Data Logger (automatic and manual)
- Customizable data storage - 2900 data points
- Minimum, Maximum and Average values
- Multi-Function 3-line display
- Exterior temperature, humidity, and pressure sensors for fast and accurate readings
- Customize screens to display user-selected measurements
- Graph and recall trends
- User-replaceable impeller
- Flip-top impeller cover allows use of other functions while protecting the impeller
- Data charting
- Upload to a computer (with optional interface) Mac or PC
- Works with Android and iPhone Apps!
- Five languages (English, French, Spanish, German, and Italian)
- Rugged (drop tested to MIL-STD-810G standards), waterproof (sealed to IP67 standards) and floats.
- US Patent Nos. 5,783,753 and 5,939,645 and 6,257,074
- Assembled in the USA
Dimensions: 5.0 x 1.8 x 1.1 in. / 12.7 x 4.5 x 2.8 cm Weight: 3.6 Ounces / 102 Grams Place of Origin: USA