ITC Level I Electrical Online Thermography Certification (4-Day)
Online Level I – Electrical Thermography Certification
Courses are available online but are classroom lead on specific dates. Scroll down / see below for the dates to confirm your availability before you purchase.
The Level I Electrical Thermography certification training course is designed for new infrared camera owners and practicing thermographers seeking specialized training on electrical thermographic inspections. The course will provide fundamental training on camera operation, heat transfer, and thermal science, along with applications discussions and examples focused on inspecting commercial electrical systems. Attendees who complete all training course requirements will receive an ITC Level I Infrared Thermography Certification.
Training Course Benefits
- Introduction to thermal imaging and measurement systems for electrical applications. No experience in thermography is necessary.
- Collect quality data and measure temperatures accurately by compensating for the effects of emissivity, reflected temperature, and other critical parameters.
- Interpret thermal images and make informed decisions by applying heat transfer and measurement concepts learned in class.
- Avoid costly mistakes - learn to distinguish between hot spots and reflections, direct vs. indirect readings and qualitative vs. quantitative thermography.
- Discuss the use of infrared windows, their placement and installation, and how to properly compensate for transmission loss using the cameras and software.
- Review severity criteria used for electrical inspections.
- Discuss the application of thermal imaging for inspecting and diagnosing indoor and outdoor electrical equipment:
- Approaching a facility inspection; where to start and what to look for.
- Tools for data acquisition and structuring surveys.
- How to apply thermal imaging when inspecting switchgear, MCCs, breakers, transformers, bus ducts, conductors, cables, motors, bearings, solar panels, outdoor utilities, and other electrical equipment.
- Review safety considerations when performing electrical inspections.
- Challenge yourself with lab exercises that closely simulate real-world infrared applications.
*Please Note*- Online Course currently available for United States & Canada only, due to advance shipment of course materials & content. Separate sessions will be scheduled for US & CA. Please see schedule below for details.
Student provided course materials:
• IR Camera - (Not required, but helpful) Students will be required to complete various labs & exercises throughout the duration of the course.
• Laptop/Desktop Computer with Good Internet Connection - (Required to attend the online training) Certification Examinations will be administered electronically. Tablets are also acceptable.
• IR Reporting Software - Please have software installed prior to class. Software can be used to assist with many of the camera lab exercises
• Accessories - Extra Batteries, charger cords, etc.
Please bring/have with you an IR camera to class if you have one. Cameras are not provided during the training course. If you do not have access to a camera you can rent one through FLIR by calling 866-477-3687 ext. 1. If you are attending the course with a colleague or friend, you may share a camera however we recommend no more than three students per IR camera.
A registration fee of $2,200 USD includes course instruction and course materials.
The learning objectives, contact hours, and written exam of ITC's courses are based on the requirements outlined by ANSI/ASNT CP-105 of the American Society for Non-Destructive Testing.
- 32 hours (24 ITC certification renewal credits)
- This course is eligible for 16 NETA Continuing Technical Development Credits (CTDs).
Infrared courses are developed and taught by ITC's Level III, ASNT Level III, or EPRI Level III Instructors. ITC's domestic and international training staff includes several Level III thermographers certified by ASNT and BINDT with over 100 years combined infrared thermography applications experience. The Level II infrared training courses are taught by certified instructors with extensive experience in a wide variety of infrared thermography and thermal imaging applications.
An overview of image analysis and reporting is provided for the latest FLIR software.
Our instructor led training classes cover basic camera operation. We highly recommend viewing one of our free on demand courses (http://www.irtraining.com) for your specific FLIR camera before coming to class.
Please note that on demand courses may not be available for some camera models. If a course is not offered for your camera type, please refer to your user's manual. All manuals and datasheets for FLIR cameras can be found at http://support.flir.com.
Start Date End Date
10/18/2022 10/21/2022 Level I Electrical Thermography Certification
10/25/2022 10/28/2022 Level I Electrical Thermography Certification
11/01/2022 11/04/2022 Level I Electrical Thermography Certification
11/29/2022 12/02/2022 Level I Electrical Thermography Certification
12/13/2022 12/16/2022 Level I Electrical Thermography Certification