General Wire Gen-Ear LE Water Leak Location System - GR-LENow, a smaller investment gets you a better method for tracking down water leaks. The new Gen-Ear LE is a simplified, more economical tool with stronger sound amplification than other systems. Use it to pinpoint water leaks in residential and commercial water lines, whether they are under concrete slabs, in walls, swimming pools and hot tubs.
The compact amplifier fits easily in the palm of your hand. It provides noise-free amplification with built-in preset audio filters, so you dont have guess what settings to use. And the high performance headphones with noise cancellation features block out interference from surrounding ambient noise. The ground sensor listens for the gurgling or hammering of water escaping from a cracked pipe under concrete, asphalt, or tile. For soft surfaces like grass or carpet, use the probe rods. Or, for above ground pipes or hydrants, you can use both the probe rods or the magnet attachment.
For especially hard to find leaks, the Sound Amplification Module adds air to the line, increasing water pressure. This amplifies the leak sounds, making them easier to locate.
The Gen-Ear LE will save you a lot of guesswork and unnecessary digging. And that saves you a lot of money.
- Ground Sensor:
- Finding the leak starts with a quality ground sensor. It locates leaks through hard surfaces, concrete,tile, etc. Threaded nipple accommodates sectional probe rods or magnet. Wind proof, shock resistant housing protects against handling noise interfering with locating process.
- Sectional Probe Rods:
- Looking for leaks under soft surfaces such as grass or carpet? The Probe Rods allow for easy sound sampling for leaks. Three one-foot probe rods thread into the sensor.
- Sensor Magnet:
- Sound surveying is much easierwith the sensor magnet attachment. It threads onto the sensor to listen for leaks through above ground pipes,fire hydrants, water mains, iron valves, or steel pipes and fittings.
- Take the leak sounds and pump them through the powerful amplifier with built-inpreset audio filters, low battery indicator light, and volume control. Its mounted in a durable housing that fits easily in the palm of your hand. Safety mute button automatically shuts down the system when the headphones are removed to extend battery life. Includes built-in flashlight for night location jobs. Operates on two AA batteries.
- High Performance David Clark®Stereo Headphones:
- High quality headphones give you the clearest sound with superb noise cancellation features to block out interference from surrounding ambient noise.
- Sound Amplification Manifold (SAM):
- Hard to find leaks get a boost with the SAM. It helps amplify hard to hear leaks by using air to pressurize the water line making leak location easier.
- Heavy Duty Carrying Case:
- Made of high-density polyethylene. Designed to withstand heavy use and protect your investment.
- Input Impedance: 430k
- Output Impedance: 4 10 Ohm
- 56 db +/- 3%
- Filter Characteristics:
- 100 ~ 1000 Hz
- Two 1.5-Volt AA Batteries
- Power Consumption:
- 20 mA
- 5-3/4" x 1" x 2-1/2"
- 1 lbs.
- Operating Temperature:
- 20ºF ~ 1320ºF
- Element: Piezoelectric Element
- Sensitivity:1.00V/g at 400 Hz (Max.)
- Dynamic Range: 10 - 20,000 Hz
- Noise Reduction Rating: 23db
- Carrying Case:
- Dimensions: 20" x 13.5" x 9"
- Weight: 7.5 lbs