Etekt+ Low-E Coating Detector
• Industry Standard Low E Detector for 14+ Years
• Used by glaziers worldwide and is easy to use: Place, Push and Read
• Uses common 9-volt battery
Detect Invisible LowE Coating on Double Pane Windows From a Single Side
The ETEKT+ line of LOW-E Coating detector is the industry standard for instruments detecting the presence and location of thermal resistant coatings (LOW-E) used on energy efficient single and dual lite glass and window assemblies. The ETEKT+ is a rugged handheld device that is accurate, easy to use, and rarely requires calibration. Place the unit flat on the glass surface, press the button and read the results. The ETEKTs are powered by a 9-volt alkaline battery (included).
The Low E Glass Detectors can be used to test for Low-E coatings in sealed Insulating Glass (IG) assemblies. No more destructive testing to determine whether the invisible Low-E coating has been correctly applied and installed in your IG windows!
• Confirm that the INVISIBLE Low E coating is properly installed into your double and triple pane IG units
• Prove to the customer that the INVISIBLE money-saving LowE coated windows they ordered have been received.
• During IG fabrication, ensure proper orientation of the Low E coated glass so it is not damaged by the brushes of the glass washer
• Use on 3/32" through 1/4" SINGLE lites of glass.
• Also use to test 3/32" & 1/8" Insulating Glass assemblies with 1/4"-9/16" air space from a single side.
• Thicker IGs, as well as larger air spaces, can be tested in single pane mode.