Aqua SnakeEye II Color Video Inspection Camera System
SnakeEye is a low-cost hand held remote video inspection system. Lightweight, modular and portable, SnakeEye "lets your eyes travel where you can't." Combining a CCD camera and TFT-LCD display technology, SnakeEye delivers crystal-clear, full color video at a fraction of the price of current remote video inspection systems.
SnakeEye is modular in design so that it can be easily configured to inspect ... behind walls, inside ceilings, in and around pipes and machinery, under vehicles and aircraft, inside engine compartments, behind computer equipment, underneath automobile dashboards the possible uses are endless. SnakeEye is ideal for quick, non-destructive, qualitative inspections in hard-to-reach places.
SnakeEye achieves its versatility with an interchangeable camera head that can be attached to a rigid wand, a ring finger attachment or extendible cables. SnakeEye comes equipped with a full range of accessories and also has plug-in capabilities, one of which allows the user to connect to a standard VCR, a computer or a handycam to record and playback images.
SnakeEye is designed to function in harsh industrial and commercial environments and is constructed of high impact, heavy duty plastic that can withstand shock and vibration. SnakeEye resists water, dust, and dirt particles and can also be used where grease and non-solvent based chemicals are present.
Standard Equipment Includes:
- 5" (12.7 cm) Color Display
- LED Camera
- Rigid Wand Adapter
- Finger Adapter
- 4' (1.2 m) Cable
- NiMH Batteries (2)
- Battery Charger
- AC Adapter
- DC Auto Adapter
- Carrying Case
Deluxe Kit Upgrade Additionally Includes:
- 36" Gooseneck
- 20' Video Cable
- USb Software
Hand Held Display Unit
- SnakeEye's lightweight, compact display unit (less than 2 lbs.) houses a high resolution (960 x 234) full color 5" TFT-LCD display and rechargeable battery pack. The display screen has a built-in protective, plastic cover and can be rotated to maintain proper image orientation for the viewer.
Designed for easy one-handed operation, the display unit contains three color-coded push button controls: Power On/Off, Camera Head Light On, low, medium, high or Off for operating in low light conditions, and an image orientation control that rotates the image 180 with the touch of this control switch.
Two ports at the base of the display unit allow for additional plug-in capabilities: Video In/Out connects to a standard VCR, a computer equipped with an analog to digital "frame grabber", or to some handycams that have a video "in" port for image recording and playback; AC/DC adapter and 12 volt auto adapter allow for continuous non-battery power operation.
Removable Camera Head
- SnakeEye is equipped with a high speed CCD color camera with built-in 3 level (low, medium and high) LED illumination that delivers clear images in low light conditions, constant image clarity with variable object distance and minimum image distortion. The camera head contains four white LED's, which are controlled by the Camera Head Light button on the display unit.
The water resistant camera head is 1.32" in diameter and is ruggedized for optimum performance in harsh environmental conditions. When used in combination with the rigid wand, the camera head can be vertically articulated up to 90°.
Interchangeable Camera Head Adapters
- SnakeEye incorporates a series of fully interchangeable camera head adapters to allow for multiple uses. A 4' Superflex Cable connects the display unit to the rigid wand and the ring adapter.
Rigid Wand Adapter
- The SnakeEye Rigid Wand Adapter is 18" long and contains a SureGrip handle as well as a swivel feature that allows the user to vertically articulate the camera up to 90°. The rigid wand configuration is designed to insert the camera into hard to reach spaces such as overhead air ducts and behind walls.
- The SnakeEye Ring Adapter literally puts the camera on the user's finger. The ring adapter is designed to provide finger tip control of the camera in hard to see but reachable spaces such as underneath automobile dashboards and any place your hand can reach but your vision is obstructed.
Extension Cable Adapters
- SnakeEye extension cable adapters are comprised of heavy duty, plastic coated cable designed for use in harsh environments. These extension cables are available in multiple lengths and are suited for deep insertions such as chimney, pipe, and tank inspections.
- SnakeEye comes equipped with a rechargeable Nickel-Metal Hydride battery pack and charger. The battery pack provides up to 60 minutes of continuous operation. IIn addition to an On/Off control, SnakeEye's power management system contains a Low Battery Indicator that alerts the user when 75 seconds of the battery power is remaining, and an Auto Shut-Off feature when the battery voltage falls too low.
- SnakeEye is packaged in a lightweight briefcase style Carrying Case (17" x 16" x 6") for easy portability. Its rugged plastic composition is designed to withstand harsh treatment while protecting the unit.
- 5 in (12.7 cm) color TFT-LCD
- 960 (320 RGB) x 234 color pixels
- Rotating Display
- Adjustable hand strap
- Three level camera light control low-med-high-off
- External power port
- RCA port for Video I/O
- Water resistant
- CCD camera
- 1.32 in (3.3 cm) diameter
- 1.92 in (4.8 cm) long
- Sensitivity = 2 lux @ F3.5
- CCD total pixels 771 x 492
- Field of view 45 degrees
- Depth of field 1.5 in (3.8 cm) to infinity
- 4 White light LEDs; 3 levels of brightness
- Water proof to 100 ft (30m)
Battery Power System
- Up to 60 min continuous operation
- 2 x 6V NiMH rechargeable batteries
- Battery charger
Continuous Power System
- AC/DC adapter
- 12 V auto adapter
- Rigid Wand Adapter
- 18 in (45.7 cm) length
- 90 degree one way articulation
- Sure-grip handle
- Finger Adapter
- 4 ft (1.2 m) flexible extension cable
- Rugged and Padded Carrying case
- C-Mount Camera
- 3 ft (91 cm) gooseneck adapter
- 30 ft & 100 ft extension cables
- Extended life belt battery pack
- Telescoping poles (2-4 ft, 4-7 ft, 6-11 ft, 8-12 ft)
- Carbon fiber 23 ft (7 m) adjustable articulating pole
- 3 ft (91 cm) rigid articulating wand
- Sun shield
- Neck strap
- Spare NiMH batteries (pair)
- Total system weight: less than 3 lbs (1.4 kg)
- Power requirements:
- AC Nominal input: 100-240V
- DC nominal input: 12V
- System operating temperature: 14 degrees F to 140 degrees F (-1O degrees C to 60 degrees C)
- Video input/output: NTSC
- The following accessories are available to extend the range and utility of the SnakeEye remote video inspection system:
- Telescoping Articulating Wands (Available 2-4', 4-7', 6-11', 8-15')
- Sun Shield
- 120V AC-to-DC Adapter
- Universal Switching Power Supply and Various AC-to-DC Adapters for Customers Outside United States
- 12 Volt Auto Adapter
- Spare Battery Packs
- Video In/Out Adapter (for SnakeEye only)
- Extended Life Battery
- InfraRed Camera
- C-Mount Camera
- Gooseneck Adapter
- Extension Cables (available in multiple lengths)